The manufactured products are biodegradable and compostable in accordance with the European standard EN 13432
. To comply with this standard, a ‘compostable‘ material must possess the following characteristics:
- Minimum 90% degradation in 6 months, if subject to an atmosphere rich in carbon dioxide.
- When in contact with organic material, within 3 months the mass of the material should be constituted from a minimum of 90% of fragments inferior to 2mm.
- The material must not have negative effects on the composting process.
- Low concentration of heavy metals in the material
- Within established pH limits
- Within established saline limits
- Concentration of volatile solids within established limits
- Concentration of nitrogen, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium within the established limits.
Coplasem recommends the use of compostable bags over biodegradable ones. For further information on the difference between compostable and biodegradable contact our team. We will be delighted to advise you.
We manufacture a wide range of compostable bags. Consult us and we will provide you with a budget without any obligation.
ALL OUR COMPOSTABLE BAGS COMPLY WITH THE STANDARD EN 13432 “OK compost”